6 Prayers for Writers


Before writing, it’s a good idea to pray. God wants to use our writing for good and He will - as soon as we let Him in. I welcome Him before each writing session with this prayer:

Lord, let me please, honor, and glorify You through this writing session. Let me comfort others by displaying Your tender compassion for them on the page. Let my characters be realistic and my descriptions be accurate. Let my novel twist and turn in unexpected yet satisfying directions. Keep me focused and inspire me. Amen.

Additionally, it’s a good idea to pray for your other writerly needs as well. These are my favorite prayers:

  • My Career Path. Abba, thank You for my gift of writing. Let me know if writing is my future career because I am deeply passionate about it. If it isn’t, lead me along the right career path because Your ways are good.

  • Focus. Before I begin this writing session, help me keep my focus on You. Transform my story to suit Your needs and the needs of Your kingdom. Bring Your Word to thousands and let the Rapture be hastened by these words. Help me to prioritize today.

  • Good Quality Writing. Let my words be strengthened by Your power and last for eternity. Sneak ideas into the work that I would never think of. Please guide the story and characters in a direction most pleasing to You, and let my words draw people into the world of the story.

  • Motivation. Be my motivation. I don’t want to be motivated by the idea of getting published or getting recognition. You recognize me enough. Still, let the book be successful. Allow it to be published in Your timing and will.

  • Knowledge. Let us dive deep into Your Word and gain the knowledge to write - and to write well. Allow us to be happy and fruitful in our work and let us make the right creative decisions. Spark our imaginations today, All Creating One. You are the source of all inspiration.

I’ll be praying for all of you as well. Happy writing! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Middle

The Art of the Plot Twist

The End